Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2007-08-16

Four Out of Five Attend a Funeral

I realize that funerals are mainly solemn occasions and I probably go to more than average human in the United States. I try to be a very family & friend oriented person and attend to people's needs, especially in their darkest moments.

But yesterday in the bright sunlight, as I was getting into a vehicle with 3 other humans, to go from the church to the graveside service, a non-human wasp decided to join us, just as the last human White Anglo-Saxon Protestant was getting in. Well, 3 out of 4 of us started screaming like little girls (I'm with 3 adult female relatives) and all 4 of us almost blow the doors off this SUV trying to get out of the vehicle, and the one who started the screaming is also trapped by a child-proof door that only opens from the outside, which prolongs her terror, just as the cars in front of us are leaving. Then my sister pops the back cargo door of the SUV and it goes flying up, as the wasp has decided to sit at the rear of the vehicle to get away from the pesky humans. Now, I don't know what exactly is going through my cousin's head in the car behind us when he sees all this commotion, but it may have been something like, "I'm glad I live 4 hours away from this part of the family in the northern panhandle of Texas". When I asked him, he said he didn't see a wasp leave our vehicle, and so we cautiously, searchingly got back in the vehicle.

Now, macho me, I live with wasps all the time, and don't think I have been stung by one at my house of 20 plus years. They fly in and out of my garage all the time like they are doing sorties guarding the No-Fly Zone of Iraq. As I'm rough drafting this piece of writing in the cool mist of the sprinkler of my patio 'office', I see my SAM (Surface-to-Air-Mutt) killing a wasp, I believe he swatted it right out of the air. "Cooper leave that thing alone" – and a final bam – Mister Stinger now sits in a ball of fragments on the wet concrete and is no longer moving.

"Oh, Cooper, where were you yesterday when the girls needed you? Now I will have to add 'Killing Wasps' to your resume".

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood