Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2008-10-11

The Strange, Change & Rearrange Sentence Game

My son and I play a silly game with sentences. He will text me a goofy sentence and then I rearrange them with a minimal amount of adds or drops of any words. I use a variety of features such as busting words apart down to syllables, combining, reversing, look for homonyms, etc. Make your own set of rules! I am sure we were influenced by the "wise" man in the movie "Mystery Men" who would spout off mysterious sayings that were really just half a sentence followed by a reversed half.


Sentence: Seals rarely eat Bob Hope's children
Response: The children of seals hope to eat food that bobs.

Sentence: The real question is do you love ponies?
Response: Ponies do love real equestrians.

Sentence: Hippos that love pudding don't reenact the bright spots of Howie Mandel's career
Response: He posed at the Louvre putting donuts in the nuclear reactor but now he stops as the deli man appears.

Sentence: Sometimes I look to the ghost of Macaulay Caulkin for advice when needed. He's not dead so thats a roadblock that has to be overcome (by killing him).

Response: Sometimes I see the ghost of Vice President Ford on his knees chasing Macaulay Caulkin. And the voice keeps saying, "Run Forrest, Run!!!", oh sorry, wrong movie. He is not dreadlocked under his hat, so come over and we'll be recycling him.

Sentence: Gastrointestinal disorders affect more than eagles.

Response: Ben Affleck and AFLAC have ordered Castro to stop testing morphine on the knees of all girls.

5 comments:

Julie Hutchinson said...

Ha ha it sounds like practice for old age deafness

Julie Hutchinson said...

I mean a pound's like mould age on lactose for dress sense.

esbboston said...

Julie: I'm not sure which is my favorite, probably the Howie Mandel.

Julie Hutchinson said...

Yes I like that one too.
Would this be an acceptable response to my sentence 'Pounds are for dress sense what mould is for lactose'?

esbboston said...

Julie: Able to accept your stance

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood