Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2008-10-11

The Cost of Humor

Being a scientist, mathematician, and an artist all rolled up in one, as someone who studies thermodynamics, I know that essentially nothing is free. $omeone is always paying $omething, $omewhere, $ometime, eventually. Even for comedy.

$ome things may be very cheap; there may be 100 funny things in a Reader's Digest issue. A penny a pun.

My satellite TV monthly bill is pretty high, but divided out into 2.7 people (that includes the dog who is becoming more human all the time. He is probably 70 percent.) and the number of shows we watch, its certainly less than a dollar a show on average. Oh, I forgot to amortize the TV. Okay, two dollar$ a $how.

Other things may come at an extreme price. My "Happy New Year, Its Bumper Stealing Season!" story, several hundreds of dollar & hours of my time to replace my son's stolen bumper. You'll have to wait for that $tory to come out in my book and pay for it, its not "free" in My$pace. $nicker.

$ometimes friendships dissolve for bizarre reasons but it is only much later that the humor of the situation finally arrives. It's pretty hard to put a price on that.

With most people we aren't around them for most of their life, so there are stories from certain bygone eras. You don't find out about the really funny things of someone's life until you go to their funeral. Wow, now that'$ was pretty expen$ive for $omeone.

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood