Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2009-07-10

The Thoughts From A Week Minded Person

My aunt was wondering where everyone was (online) and mentioned it must be a busy day.

I was the first one to respond to her "chat" request, and I told her just a few minutes later that I had just got up from a nap, after all, it was Sunday afternoon with a tiny amount of rain and a chill in the air, I am old and retired, stayed up to late and really just tired, but it has been nice February weather, too.

Then she asked me if I had my days and nights mixed up, to which I responded,

No, here they are from the beginning of the week in the proper order using a 'Mon' comes first in the manner of a European calendar.

  • Monday
  • Monnight
  • Tuesday
  • Tuesnight
  • Wednesday
  • Wednesnight
  • Thursday
  • Thursnight
  • Friday
  • Frinight
  • Saturday
  • Satrunight
  • Sunday
  • Sunnight

Now I am just waiting for someone to notice the "typo" I inserted on 'Satrunight'. It actually isn't a typo, for I was using the 'T9EAb' built in dictionary of my mobile internet device, and as soon as you key in the first five letters on the numeric keypad 7-2-8-8-7 the device thinks you are trying to spell the word 'Saturday' and displays 'Satur'. And I was using that feature to spell all the names except I wanted to insert a typo in a strategic place, preferably not at the end of the list, or close to the top, and not on a 'day' word, but rather a 'night' word, which are really my invention as far as this story goes, so is it really a typo? No, so as I was typing the list I could see that 'Satur' was perfect as an optical-linguistical-mental endurance test. It has the u and r right next to each other and both consist of a curved piece and straight piece, with the straight sides of the letters right next to each other in the "ur" order, and "ru" isn't a whole lot different. It would have been nice to have an Arial font, too, instead of a Times New Roman, to help blend into the background. Beggars can't be choosers though. Wait, yes they can, they can choose to not beg then they are no longer beggars, but negotiators. "Say buddy, can I negotiate with you over about a loan to help fund an overseas relief program dedicated to helping underpriviledged coffee growers in South America?" instead of, "Say buddy, do you have $5 so I could get a caramel macchiato with whippied cream at Starbucks?"

So hopefully my aunt doesn't have a MySpace account and come over here and read this before I can get a interesting response to my list. So all the people who are common to me, between MySpace and Facebook, "Shhhh! - don't tell her, its our little secret"

;)

I almost forgot one thing. Yesterday (?) I created a new word 'typoing' completely by accident, it was a typo as I really meant to type the word 'typing' while I was typing a letter to a friend. SO now she has challenged me to try to use that new word often enough so that it eventually becomes part of the standard lexicon and gets put in the Merriam-Webster dictionary within 5 years. Hmm, I have bossy demanding friend, huh? (Don't worry she will read this and giggle. Hopefully it is like that one time where she read a funny thing of mine - 'Hall's Mental Liftus' - and a carrot of her split pea soup went up her nose. That was cool - here I am making women choke and cough and sputter from thousands of miles away over on the East coast of the United States of A-miracle)I know, I know, she is just trying to make me famous. But its Sunday and I wanted to sleep a bunch and its raining and blah blah blah blah BLAH blah blah. Blah. So I need to get everyone to start using 'typoing' really often as needed in the proper context and get her goal for me accomplished. That's what younger pseudo-twin sisters are mainly good for anyway, isn't it?

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood