Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2009-05-26

Oh, Christmas Two-ree

D
ec
emb
er 200
8


At the morning meeting a few days ago the supervisor of one of the maintenance groups said, "later today we'll be flipping a coin to see whether the plant Christmas tree gets installed downtown at the main corporate office OR stays here at the plant"


...... so when the meeting was almost over a few minutes later, there was the usual question by the meeting leader for any other items. I raised my hand and taking a cue from King Solomon, said,


"I think we should just cut the Christmas tree in half and keep the smaller top portion that still looks
(a few people now begin to giggle)
like a Christmas tree and let the folks downtown have the goofy looking bottom portion
(more people smiling, giggling even harder, just barely contained)

THEN someone on the west side of the room immediately speaks up and says, "all in favor of Ernie's idea, raise your right hand!" and of course the entire room shot their hands in the air with laughter and said "aye".



Invention Link: The Next Invention in My Blog

2 comments:

Julie Hutchinson said...

Ha ha ha - this is one of my favourite Christmas post so far.

esbboston said...

It was a really cool eXperience. It happened so fast, and the room eXploded with laughter. I even went through all the proper channels with my plant manager in order to get a version of the story that was acceptable to him that eliminated the corporate names and locations.

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood