Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2007-08-16

Dear Texas DOT: Wrong Sign, Wrong Place


Dear Texas Department of Transportation,

As I was driving to Amarillo I noticed a herd of antelope off to the side of the road, and mentioned them to my wife, "Look, there are some near-deer"

"Those are antelopes" replied the wife.

I mentioned that Anthony Bourdain was cooking some pronghorn antelope on TV just the night before in New York City, of all places. Then a few seconds later I see this deer crossing sign, and I realize that the state of Texas has chosen the wrong sign for this location, especially since we are driving within a few miles of Antelope Creek and Antelope Peak off to the east and north of us. And then just a few seconds later there is another black and yellow sign, this time of a truck, warning about trucks jumping out into the lane of traffic, I guess for some mining facility. So I decided to remake & combine both signs and help out the state of Texas at my own expense and put up this new sign. I even adjusted the antlers and tail so they are more antelopesqe.

I know you guys are busy fixing the road in this region and probably short on cash (as always), so don't worry about reimbursing me for my expenses, my treat. If you would like a few more signs, just let me know. Maybe a combo of trucks with turkeys?

Gobble gobble.

<<<Disclaimer : This is really a practical joke - no sign or properties of the State of Texas were modified in the making of this blog post - esbb >>>


No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood