Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2007-09-02

Ford Cares: About Bunnies & Air Bags

I was surprised one day last week to discover that Ford Motor Company cares so much about bunnies. As I flipped the visor up in my car there was a warning sticker about air bags and infant car seats with a bunny as the victim of an air bag mishap in the diagram. The 1st photo is directly from my 1998 Ford Motor Company automobile, not retouched. The 2nd close-up from the previous photo is even more shocking as it indicates that bunny ears could possibly become detached by a sudden blow to the back of the head. I was shocked and saddened, and decided something must be done. An appropriate safety investigation was initiated by our not-for-profit organization Compare, Scare & Impair Labs Inc.


From the warning sticker diagram, we decided to calculate the bunny size – it looked rather large - that way we could get a handle on how big of a bunny people could safely haul in the front seat of their car. Our product safety evaluation division at C,S & I Labs performed body density experiments on 14 bunnies in a large water tank. We found some cute little bunny sized scuba gear to assure animal safety with the measurements. We determined an average bunny body density of 0.974 gm/cc and created a comparison diagram (see 3rd photo). The comparison calculates out to a 22 pound Ford bunny! Man, that sure seems like a huge bunny! Maybe they have huge bunnies with easily detachable ears in Detroit, Michigan where they do the Ford bunny art. We decided not to perform any tests on our bunnies to see how easily their ears detach. Out of politeness, if you ever see any earless bunnies, just quietly remind everyone around you with a whisper, "They must be Ford bunnies from Michigan". And tell your children not to stare. And on April Fools Day use this same line for gerbils and hampsters.


Our final scientific safety advice is to haul your bunnies safely secured in the rear seat of your automobile, properly restrained. Oh, and for some reason our Texan bunnies really didn't like the water tank. We didn't lose any, but it was close on a couple of them, leaky facemasks. I wasn't about to perform CPR on a bunny, so Friday would have been stew night at our weekly lab cookout. Are we out of carrots again?

Scuba, snorkeling & surfing gear for the bunnies was graciously loaned from and available for purchase online or catalog at Hare of the Mare LLP.


No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood