Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2007-08-16

Choking and Laughter: Key Ingredients to a Great Evening Meal

You know its fixing be a good Friday, end of the work week evening meal when the wife starts a conversation with a disparaging tone of voice with this first sentence:

"I hope I don't have to go get my father out of jail on Monday"

Now keep in mind that my father-in-law does not habitually go to jail, never been, as far as I know. I have to stop eating to write her sentence down exactly as she has said it. You know you are in the middle of a Redneck moment, Ernest. Life is good. Continue dear, after this bite makes it all the way to my stomach this time, what could possibly be the 2nd sentence of your conversation, I ask - is it going to be better than the first ??? - she assures me that it will be.

(Yes, people, the wife and I actually have convoluted conversations that sound like this)

2nd sentence: "Cause he's fighting city hall over his goats"

Okay, I am nearly on the floor by now. The city where my father-in-law lives, which shall remain anonymous to protect the innocent, if there are any in this story (but it has a population from the 2000 census of 1936 people (goats not included) and its not very far away from Borger, ~11 miles) wants to impose a license fee on pets, and I think they also want my father-in-law's pet goats (i.e. lawnmowers with lungs) to move out of town.

So I get a historical flash through my brain of this hysterical moment, equating King George the Third of England and the Stamp Act of 1765 with this city council and their puppy & kitty licensing and goat banishment proclamation. My wife mentions that she wished the council would spend more time worrying about something important, like maybe fixing or even paving their streets. Puppies permits pave the way for needed pavement improvements. Yea for puppies! His pet rottweilers will help repair the ruts. Yea for puppies everywhere, now funding the urban infrastructure.

So my father-in-law is demanding the city council's resignation.

Then she tells me his parting quote: "They are my lawn mowers, they keep the weeds down on my place, and I like to go down and talk to them in the evening" Ahhhh, city council, have a heart, don't try to separate him from his herd, a guy needs his goats.

Update 2010.04.29 - I found out yesterday that my father-in-law is going to appear in court to testify against the piece of legislation regarding his goat herd. I am looking forward to attending the event to see what amount of nonsense is going to pop out of his skull.

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood