Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2009-07-29

Ernest Goes Postal Twice in One Day with Three People

I had an interesting trip to the post office yesterday, just the very trip after leaving my house and before actually entering the post office. And then I went to the post office again later in the day to mail more things.

But back to my first postal journey of the day, the funny one with two parts and three people. On the way to the post office I saw two young women running in the neighborhood a couple blocks from my house. I slowed down and asked them how far they were jogging during the nice cold morning and they replied that they were running 3 miles. So I did the math right fast and told them I was too busy to exercise today and asked them if they could run 4½ to do my running for me as well, to which they laughed and agreed to do. And then as I drove away I told them “I can feel your burn!” to which they laughed again.

When I got to the post office I was almost ready to open the front door when out popped the "old" man (last name T____s) who runs the greenhouse downtown and used to have the one on the west side of Borger. And just as I was about to greet him and grab the door in baton-style-relay-race from him, he blurts out, “Fine” and I go to ask him how he is doing and then he just cracks up laughing when he realizes what he had done. He tells me that he didn’t even say 'hello' first but just said “Fine” as the answer to the question I was fixing to ask him. I told him that was okay, because this time of year I am usually asking him every time I see him if he has any tomatoes yet. So I suggested to him that the next time he sees me to just let his primary response be, “Hell NO, I don’t have any tomatoes yet !!!” even if he does have tomato plants in stock, and of course, he just loved that idea and cracked up laughing all over again.

The
n I got my mail.
The E
nd.

No bullets.
No real anger.
No guns.

Just the way real postal is s'posed to be.

Ooops, I just now realized I forgot to ask him if he had any tomato plants in stock.

At least I got my exercise in today, all 3 smiles, I mean, miles.

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood