Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2007-08-16

95 Cents Worth of Unhappiness at MCD

So here are my tales of pig sandwiches of my last 2 visits to MCD. I think that McRibs are great, but I think they have increased the price a little this time around. I went to the Borger store and ordered an Extra Value meal and saw that it was $3.80 on the glossy sign, but then I saw the total after tax on my credit card slip was just a little too high. I finally convinced them that they had charged me 10 cents too much but I really didn't want to do something with my credit card just to get 10 cents back and the owner just happened to swing by to say that someone had forgot to change the sign on Sunday because it was supposed to be 3.90 So I eat my messy wonderful sandwich, but I am 11 cents unhappier, that includes the tax. It is hard to describe/measure 11 cents worth of unhappiness, its a slight twinge maybe, a little less sparkle in my eye. So just 3 days later I am in Amarillo, still in Texas, and decide to fulfill my pork desire in a cheap fast way and head to MCD. I get there and the glossy sign of my pork sandwich (I look carefully) has a $4.29 (the price part is not glossy), man, that is about 10% higher for the same exact product, and when I mention it to the guy who is taking my order the girl right next to him mentions bluntly that this MCD has a different owner and they can charge whatever they want. Ok-dokey-artichokee were my thoughts, I am in a hurry to get back to the hospital anyway, I still want my not-quite-as-cheap pork so I tell him I would like the McRib Extra Value meal with a Dr Pepper, I read it directly off the sign, notice the fine print that it is supposed to have reg fries and drink. Well, a few minutes later these large fries show up and a larger drink than normal and I look at my credit card slip and they have supersized me (and trust me, you can tell by looking that I don't need to be supersized ANY more, EVER more, again in my entire life) and I have to explain to them about three times that this is not what I ordered and they are going back and forth between me and reading the sign, and I finally give up and realize that I can selectively pick out the best french fries so it is not all that bad, but I had already planned on Starbucks before going back, certainly didn't need the drink. So I sit down at this table in MCD, and I begin to notice that the sound (lets not go so far as to say music) coming out the speaker in the ceiling was somewhere from the middle of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, about 3 seconds worth only that 3 seconds repeated about 6 times, and then there was a pause, then back to RtRNRD, pause. It was just low enough that the person sitting at the next table could not hear it when I first asked him. Then a little while later he thought he could maybe hear it, but then he may have just been playing along with the old guy with BBQ sauce on his chin at the next table. I should have gone to look in the mirror in the restroom, I am sure I can detect 95 cents of unhappiness.

Time for mo' coffee .....

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood