Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2008-09-02

Mi Casa Spins and Drains Differently Than Yours

I have designed and built a new 3,500 square foot house that rotates slowly and constantly.

Magazine interview transcript from Nov 29th, 2007

Why 3,500 square feet? I just kept adding stuff, mainly floor.

Why rotate constantly? I decided that I wanted my new house to be the only house in my hemisphere (northern) to drain water in a clock-wise rotation in the shower.

How fast does it rotate? Thats a closely guarded secret.

Couldn't we just stand outside and count the revolutions? No, there is a stationary shield to guard from prying eyes.

Will there be tours? Maybe.

What is it like to live inside a spinning house? Oh, its just horrible. After a while your mind starts to think that little pink spiders have started crawling all over the walls making monkey noises. Who could have predicted that ?!?!? I had predicted squirrel noises, maybe.


Update 2007-Dec-23 - It was discovered that a bearing was defective on the main rotation device, making a squealing noise, and that is what was causing the "monkey" noises. The neighbor's dogs don't howl as much now either.


Invention Link: The Next Invention in My Blog (AND probably my favorite of all time)

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood