Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2011-09-30

Super Hero: Ford Truck Man Saves The Day!

Oh, I just remembered that I went MUCH faster than the 40 mph speed limit yesterday on our main city thoroughfare, Cedar Street, BUT, I was reacting in a superhero manner, as FORD TRUCK MAN

Since I started driving an F-350 last December, I notice trucks.

All of them.

I can usually pick out a Freightliner now at very great distances.

Well, today I was at an intersection of Cedar waiting to go north and an electric utility company truck with a tool bed chassis drives by at 40 mph headed south with a completely OPEN toolbox door! There was no telephone booth to change into my Superman outfit, so I zoom out into traffic and my turbocharged Power Stroke 6.0 liter V8 diesel steed catches up to them in three blocks. My horn causes them to slow down and the driver rolls down his window as I yell out, "your door is open", pointing, and they stop suddenly IN traffic to close it and then I keep going. I wonder if my electric bill will be lower next month, (wink)?

All in a days work for FTM.

So I went south a couple blocks to turn around to get back downtown to our business. But the next thing I saw on the journey north in my rear view mirror two blocks later was a Borger city police car tail-gating me! I thought, "Oh, no, am I getting a speeding ticket?!?!?" AND he just kept getting closer, so I pulled over into the gas station but luckily the cop kept right on going. No lights, no siren.

My super hero secret identity is safe for now ...

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood