Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2011-08-17

A Spoonful of Grape Juice


My first year to get grapes from my vineyard was rather meager, but considering the dry hot record breaking ( as well as destroying any and all 8 Track Tapes and cassettes ) I was glad to get something. 

I was hoping for a little bit more than a tablespoon of grape juice, but I did lose two of the grapes before I got to the mashing stage. Farming!!!!

Considering the amount of water used to create the plant, both this year and last, the cost to create that amount of grape juice is staggering on a per gallon basis.

I told my wife about the "Price Per Gallon" at supper and she mentioned that I needed to include the cost of the nice cedar posts (plus wire, turn buckles, concrete...). I told her at least those costs get spread out over the rest of the time the vineyard is "in operation". She didn't realize that they last a very long time (after we are dead).

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood