Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2012-02-16

Blogger: Learn LESS

Blogger has reached a new level of stupdity in the last 24 hours. Their new word verification system for comments displays visual garbage that is very difficult to read. So I went to the settings section of the blog configuration to see if there were any options that could help. This is what I find:

[Copied from Screen:]
This will require people leaving comments on your blog to complete a word verification step, which will help reduce comment spam. Learn more

Blog authors will not see word verification for comments.
[End of Copy]

Okay, see that [ Learn more ] ? It was a hyperlink, but when I clicked it, I get an ERROR message, there is NO help! There is NO-thing else to "learn". Sounds familiar.


[Copied from Screen:]
We're sorry, but the information you've requested cannot be found. Please try searching or browsing the Help Center.
[End of Copy]

It appears that Blogger has hired some of the same programming and design idiots that have recently irnprovecl Facebook.



Example of a Very Bad Word Verification


Update: I turned off the Word Verification for comments, but left the approval step in place. NOW the system has this error: The next comment that was left for my blog showed up twice. So I have to approve one and then manually delete the second one!


Update: NOW about one day later I have had to turn Word Verification back ON for comments because I am getting flooded with robotic spam messages filling up my inbox on my email as well as showing up in the Is This Spam inbox of Blogger.

10 comments:

Aysh said...

It has gotten really hard lately!! I had one verification that asked me to re-type a bunch of small numbers that were hardly visable! Madness I tell you!

BTW I hate to do this to you, but I tagged you :)
http://ohmeowmeowoh.blogspot.com/2012/02/they-got-me-dang-nabbit.html

Rob Z Tobor said...

Cyberspace apears to be full of mad people HAH HAHAHHAH HAh hHAHHAH HAhHAHH HAH HAHAHH HaHAH HHAh HAHHAH HAH hHAH AHHAHHAH HAHAH HAH HA HAHAH HAH AHAH HAHHAHHAH HAh HAH AH Hahh hah ahaha ha hahahhahahahahahah ha ha ha

esbboston said...

Rob Z T: why yes, my fearless leader, you are ever so correct, ha ha ha hahahhahahahahahah ha ahaha hah Hahh AH HAH HAh HAHHAHHAH AHAH HAH HAHAH HA HAH HAHAH AHHAHHAH hHAH HAH HAHHAH HHAh HaHAH HAHAHH HAH HAhHAHH hHAHHAH HAh HAHAHHAH HAH ( I tried to laugh like you but it appears that it came out reversed, maybe it a Welsh thing?!?!? )

Anonymous said...

I turned word verification off, for my blog. It's really irritating! And I guess, more people are likely to comment without the annoying hindrance that it is.

GM x

Julie Hutchinson said...

funny thing is the word verifications have been so hard I thought I'd fail for sure - but haven't at all yet, so I wonder if they work.

fmcgmccllc said...

this is so hard to leave a comment

fmcgmccllc said...

this is getting annoying

Mia said...

You jsut hvae to lraen how to raed cmolptee and utetr gbibriesh.

Arlee Bird said...

All humans at Google have been eliminated and the machines have taken over. Time for Terminator salvation.

Let's see--your captcha looks like ilynoti ntchno-- okay I'll run with that one and see what happens.


Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out
Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge
Blogging from A to Z

esbboston said...

Lee: With a captcha like 'ilynoti ntchno', it makes the system so negative and Russian at the same time.

добрый день! (good afternoon)

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood