Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2013-02-13

Nyet

So ... the president wants to try AGAIN to reduce our Afghan force, this time by 34,000 in a year. That is roughly less than a hundred people a day, less than one plane full. Um, question, don't we have more than one plane?

-----

I have a question: the Wall Street Journal has a photo of a Chinese performer putting a SINGLE live snake in his mouth and out his nose. WHAT does that have to do with the business world?!?!? Thank you for grossing me out today WSJ.

-----

Yesterday I taught my wife about the sand delivery systems that locomotives use to maintain wheel traction. I had read about them but had never seen them in action until we were waiting at the crossing on Wilson Street and happened to be the vehicle closest to the track.

Link to Wikipedia Article for Sandbox for Locomotives

-----

I learned today that throwing shoes at your opponent is an insult in Arab societies. I wonder if the Pentagon has ever thought about using shoes as a weapon for drone strikes?

As a shoe salesman I have mixed feelings about this practice. I guess if they aren't Vibram FiveFingers shoes that would be okay.

Dirty socks might be considered chemical weapons and banned under the Geneva Protocol of 1929.

-----

My new hobby: Studying Russian Spies, etc.

I have been busy with math projects. I wiLL publish them soon. I also put up some more photos in my blog Finding The Cute of the Universe

6 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

I have noticed that all your mini comments involve the movement of things in a way that one may not expect them to move. I think this would include Russian spies as spies, I think would have to move in a way that would make everyone else suspect they are not Russian spies.

esbboston said...

Rob: I am suddenly curious as to how much sand is consumed by locomotives, and for some reason I would prefer the answer to be in the units of miles per gaLLon. I also more urgently than sand knowledge need to make some bread. Today's version is: Stoneground Wheat by Fleischmann's - it is my first time to try this mix. Hope your day is lovely weatther wise. We just had several inches of snow and it is burning off late today, a bit bright outside, drippy.

Marianne said...

You just don't pick new hobbies like the rest of the world, do you?

Thanks for the tidbit on shoes. Never knew.

esbboston said...

Marianne: I am not sure how the rest of the world picks hobbies. I like patterns and solving puzzles. I am currently enjoying learning to do more complicated things on my TI-89 calculator. I also figured out some cool things with a spreadsheet dealing with eXtremely large numbers. I am baking bread and bread like objects recently.

I hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day. I am cooking supper for my sweetie-pie, but she hasn't decided the menu yet.

Rob Z Tobor said...

I read the article but thought the last line of it said Despots may have a sand drier installed to warm and to dry the sand before it is used.

rather than Depots

It made me wonder what Despots were doing with the warm sand.

esbboston said...

Rob: from past eXperience I believe the worst despots live where the sand is warm. There is probably a mathematical relationship between the temperature of the sand and the degree of des at that spot in regards to the despot.

I have baked a loaf of bread for Jesus and fixing to go try to deliver it to him at the diner if he is working today. It is kind of a belated birthday present. Most likely have a chicken sandwich as weLL, although they did run out of griLLed chicken, so I may have to supply my own! I have actuaLLy done that once when I had to go several days without a griLLed chicken sandwich with bacon. Yes, I brought a bag of frozen chicken to the diner for them to cook it.

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood