Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2013-11-09

My Timing Is Forty Percent Off

I go to the groc store to buy one primary thing: a buffalo steak for a soup


I get there and find none. NormaLLy there is a bin of ten.

I ask the meat market professional about the steaks. He said, "Well, they were starting to get old so I marked them 40% off and they all sold yesterday. We'll have more back in stock probably on Monday."

Of course they wiLL be regular price. If they would sell them at a reasonable price they would never get old. They are vacuum pack sealed and last a long time.

When I got back to my truck I did find a surprise in the parking lot. Someone had lost their pair of pliers. They are still functional. So the morning was not a total loss.


4 comments:

Shelly said...

The pliers are a good find, and something that will be useful for a while.

esbboston said...

Shelly: I just need to figure out how to convert pliers into buffalo steak. The pliers have DoIt stamped on them so I think they are Ace brand hardware store. Checking eBay they may be worth a couple dollars, that is about one bite of buffalo steak. Of course buffalo in a vacuum sealed package is eXpensive whereas if I could just wander the plains and sneak up on buffalo while they are sleep, then biting a buffalo would be less eXpensive although my life eXpectancy might drop off a "bit".

fmcgmccllc said...

What is the going rate for a nice hunk of buffalo?

esbboston said...

A 10 oz steak is $15.99 and a pound of ground buffalo is $10.99 - I think I might get some far cheaper when my best friend's husband goes on a buffalo hunt in South Dakota either this month or next.

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood