Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2016-01-16

Wal-Mart Dis Disappearing While Meteorite Guns Are Appearing

I think its strange when someone writes an article with the headline: 

"Walmart to Close 269 Stores, Lay Off 16,000 Employees", 

BUT then the fourth paragraph from the end is:

Also Friday, Walmart announced that as many as 405 new stores would be opened worldwide during its next fiscal year, with a focus on large warehouse stores and suburban areas.

So ... the net effect is Wal-Mart is actually in the process of growing.

-----

Pepper made progress today: He caught a tennis ball in mid-air!

-----

I love how the people running for President talk about, 'America', all the time. They are seeking to lead a country and they don't even use the correct name.

The Americas, I believe, are really both continents, North -and- South. So when Ted Cruz was born in Canada, he was born in, you guessed it, America. Hahahaha

(No, I am not a Cruz-ader)

'Make America Great Again' ?

No, I don't think that is really possible, for the simple reason that it never really ever stopped being great.

I will just be glad when this eXtremely bizarre presidential campaign is OVER.


-----


I feel terrible.
Why?
I am in a strange state of pain from being jerked awake by starting to fall off my bed after falling asleep too close to the edge, and then waking up and finding yourself rolling off the bed.
I had been reading with my iPad propped up on the nightstand. 
So it wasn't just falling off the bed but also the process of almost hitting my head or face into the nightstand as well.
PLUS...this isn't a rare occurance, sadly, I did this yesterday, too.


-----


So, someone wants to pay $1,000,000 for a firearm with most of its parts made from a meteorite? I was under the impression that rocky planets, such as earth, were basically an agglomeration of meteorites. So the only difference between an ordinary firearm and this one is when the metal arrived, not necessarily the source.


-----


Todays Gunny Funny:


If the president is successful in taking away all our guns, then the band 'Guns And Roses' can rename themselves 'Neuroses'.


-----


Today's New Word: Ambi-dogs-trious 
I have learned how to pet/rub/massage two dogs at the same time.





7 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

I am sure America is probably still great, but the thing is it is all in the mind of the beholder. Over here we like to think America is great but then most Brits think Britain is great, but also complain about Britain at the same time. We do have one small advantage though because on maps it always says Great Britain so America should officially become Great America. It would also avoid confusion with the other America's.

We even heard the Walmart news in Britain (Great), I think our Asda stores are part of the group as we dont have Walmart stores called Walmart if you see what I mean.

I think that who ever is having the gun made is missing an important point. Rather than have the gun made of meteorite they should get the bullets made of meteorite, not only would it be cheaper but if they shoot someone they could argue that the person was killed by a meteorite and therefore it was an act of god rather than murder.

Us Brits are not fans of guns or falling out of bed. . . I would suggest keeping a small meteorite next to the bed so if you fall out again you can say I fell onto a meteorite . . . . .Phew that was lucky.

fmcgmccllc said...

I remember back in the 90's when I would travel to Mexico on business-the America thing was a big deal. It was very insulting to them and they always called us Norte Americanos. Don't know what they called the Canadians, the Canooks maybe? Since I have been sick I have discovered the wonders of reading from a tablet in bed. It is a marvel.

esbboston said...

Rob Another natural material to make bullets or weapons from would be stones called geodes. Then it would called an act of geode.

fmcgmccllc Yes, tablets are the best thing for life in general. Having one in bed is great, I watch a lot of news, YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime, as well as read e-books. I do occasionally some design work or entertain a dog. Pepper got to see some sled dogs in action yesterday.

Arlee Bird said...

I think the Walmart reality is that they are merely relocating store sites to more strategically place them in order to more effectively connect them with underground tunnels and set them up as detention centers. Walmart, "America", and the presidential election all are related in some frightenly obscure way that will become clear in 2017. I guess $1 a gallon gasoline will fit into the equation some way.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out
&
Wrote By Rote

esbboston said...

Arlee Bird You are probably at least half right. Dollar gasoline will fit into the equation, but surprisingly in the denominator.

Disclaimer: I am currently a stockholder of WalMart (WMT)

I must close now as I must teach a course on home brewing beer.

Badger said...

I am weary of this election and all who sail in her. I can never fall asleep anywhere unless I put my mind to it.

esbboston said...

Badger My main problem with sleep is being woke by a distant television set suddenly blaring with gunfire or screaming, OR the cold nose of a warm puppy making contact, wanting something. Sometimes that something is just someone, me, and I can resume sleep fairly soon after.

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood