Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2018-04-10

April's Fool Version 2018

On April Fools Day I take my father-in-law on a short trip across town. Given enough time he will ask me some ridiculous question. The question that day was, "Do they sell any cars at that place (pointing to the GM dealership)? I never see them selling anything."

I think for a half second and reply, "No, they never sell any vehicles there. They are only allowed to display them, and people buy them online." - to which he replied, "Oh"

I waited about three seconds and told him, "Aprils Fools!!! I was just teasing", to which he cracked up laughing, and added, "and I'm not even wearing green!" which totally cracked me up laughing, and I said, "No, Homer, green is for Saint Patrick's Day." and we both laughed for another minute or so.

We get to his house in Stinnett, and right as I pull up to stop there is a darn goat on the other side of the fence staring directly at us. I tell Homer, "Look at that chicken."

"What chicken?!?!?", he says, knowing he has no chickens. I say, "right there!"

He leans forward, and says, "There ain't no chicken there - laughs - that's a goat!"

"No, it's a chicken, look, there's an egg right there on the ground!" - which causes him to lean farther forward in his seat. "There ain't no chicken there!" and he gets out, "What time are you picking me up tomorrow?" and I remind him that I don't remember and that my wife will call him. He gets out of the vehicle, and just as I suspected he doesn't go directly into the house as usual but heads toward the goat-not chicken-no egg zone.

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood