Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2023-04-29

My 6th Year with Hopper

These are the things that I have figured out about my dog Hopper in this last year of our being together. I try to get this published every year on the anniversary of him coming to be with me, April 7th 2017.

This year Hopper has figured out how to move through our crowded bedroom when I get ready to go to bed. When I lift up the dog gate at the doorway for him to enter, he goes about 4 feet inside the room. Then after I take my shoes off and put then higher off the floor so I don't have to bend over as far, I move to the foot of the bed and stand. Then he knows to move back to where I was standing initially, and then sits and waits for me to put of my pajamas and plug in my phone by my pillow. Sometimes I have to give him a slight hand gesture for him to know when to move, but I rarely have to do it now, its more of a custom on my part, as he is already in motion as soon as he sees me stop at the end of the bed. Then he waits for me to get into bed and get the covers pulled back to cover the bed before he climbs up onto the bed to lay down.

I have created a nice kennel to house my dogs when I am away on trips or have to work away from home for extended periods of time. The older bigger dog Pepper doesn't seem to mind and is happy when I come home to let him out, but Hopper is veRy vocal and sounds mad and he is rather loud for quite awhile actually barking at me, rather than trying to voice 'words' in his normal way of talk/complaining/verbalizing. It takes him several minutes to get back to his 'normal' self. 

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood