Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2012-07-29

Sixteen Shades Of Pink

I was having a negative day fiLLed with bad events, thieves, and ignorant people, but then I got some interesting news on Friday. A far distant relative caLLed my mother and told her that he had traced my maternal grandfather back to a Cherokee heritage in Georgia. Surprise! I have lived most of my life not knowing I was a native.

This eXplains the manner in which I have fiLLed out the previous two United States Census questionaires. When it asked for race, I created a new minority "Pink". So my family has been Pink the last twelve years. I figured that everyone is pink, you just have to look deep enough. So we Pink reaLLy aren't a minority, we are the majority, all 100 percent of us.

So figuring out a percentage Cherokee, I think the fraction might be 1/8 or 1/16 Native American Indian. I bought my first of probably many Indian books yesterday and got busy learning the language last night.

Here is a color scale between White Man and Red Man in 16 Shades



As a tribute to my new found heritage, I used a "Georgia" font instead of Trebuchet as the first letter in each sentence, and the word "I" and "Indian".

So what song am I humming right now?  ... Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles ....

My wife is 1/4 Choctaw. She is constantly bothering me about being more Indian, so I think I wiLL adopt a new name, "He Who Puts Up With Four Times Wife".


Update: Later in the afternoon while my wife was behind me in the laundry room with some noise by her, from the kitchen I told her, "At least now I have a good reason to go to Georgia"

She responded loudly, "What did you say?!?!?"

I repeated, "At least now I have a good reason to go to Georgia"

She repeated louder, "What did you say?!?!?" - this time walking towards me.

For the third time I turned around and said, "At least now I have a good reason to go to Georgia."

Her response was, "Oh, I thought you said 'I finally have a good reason to reward you', and I thought we were fixing to have us a fight!"

"Oh, silly silly woman", I thought, not spoken.

2 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I've decided Ancestry.com is worth the price. It's little green leaves do most of the work.

Aysh said...

Wow that's so cool to discover something like that about yourself! My grandad would always fill us in about our ancestory whenever we visited him in pakistan, some very cool stories.

I know as a fellow woman I should probably show female solidarity alongside your wife, but LOL at the native american name you gave yourself!!

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood