Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2013-08-01

A Rice Shadow in the Dust by Abraham Lincoln

I went to MySpace last night to show my friend at the diner an art project where I had wrote the Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln on Minute Rice with a veRy fine tipped pen. BUT ... when I finaLLy got logged into MySpace I discovered that my MySpace blog appears to be gone. I did find a picture that has some of the final words of the Gettysburg Address.

I told my friend that it appears that when I left the Gettysburg Address laying on my old table at my old house that veRy fine dust had come down between the spaces around the grains of rice, and then a mouse had came along and ate the rice, leaving a pattern, a rice shadow in the dust.

I went back today on my PC instead of my iPad and I was able to find more pictures, but not a complete Gettysburg Address, just most of it. I put a U.S. penny coin for size comparison, with Abraham Lincoln on it.







The type of pen was a Mitsubishi Uniball Signo Bit UM-201 0.18 mm gel type, that I believe is no longer available.  I think the difference in color between the third picture and the first two was just with and without a flash on the camera, because I am pretty sure I used the same pen for the entire project.
   
So imagine the grains of rice missing on the middle picture and you can get an idea of the rice-sized-holes in the fine layer of dust on the table top.


Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. 

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. 

We are met on a great battlefield of that war. 

We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. 

It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. 

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. 

The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. 

The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. 

It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. 

It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom

—and that government 

of the people, 

by the people, 

for the people, 

shall not perish 

from the earth.




6 comments:

Pearl said...

Wow!

You win the award for "Coolest Thing I've Seen Today".

:-)

Pearl

esbboston said...

Pearl: And its veRy old (couple of years) and no longer eXists. I think I should be in South Dakota finaLLy sometime this month, finaLLy! WeLL, lets hope not finaLLy as in I die there during this trip, why, that would be terrible. I just wanted to let you know that I would be at about the same latitude as you, hahahaha.

Rob Z Tobor said...

I am going to say Wow too, I am very impressed....

I think you need to do this again and encase it in one of those clear plastics, and then take it to a upmarket contemporary gallery and sell it for loads of money. You can tell folk your entire fortune started with just a small bowl of rice, which reflected a much greater thought.

esbboston said...

Rob: I totaLLy agree with you, I should repeat the project considering how much I like AL's GA and how much I dislike mice and how much I like rice.

Julie Hutchinson said...

Wow, that's cool :)

esbboston said...

Julie: Thank you! It was fun ....

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood