Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2014-03-30

A Few Miles West

After watching part of the movie In Cold Blood and starting a study of Truman Capote yesterday, I just now discovered that the scene of the Clutter family November 1959 quadruple murder is just a little ways west of a piece of highway 83 that I have drove on many times in my life north and south.


I only watched part of the movie because I fell asleep in the early morning. But now I am veRy confused because I thought I had watched it on Netflix but now it is not there or maybe never was ... hmm ... so maybe I was watching teleBision but it just seems I was watching it on my iPad but in my confusion it could be that I am getting this mixed up with my online studying of the movie, book and Capote while I was watching the movie. But I haven't been able to find the movie playing on any teleBision channels.

I did not know that Truman was childhood friends with author Harper Lee of 'To Kill A Mockingbird', and that she had assisted Truman during his journey to Kansas with the Clutter case. They each appear as a character in a book that the other one wrote about childhood. Truman was Dill in TKaM and Harper Lee was Idabel Thompkins in Capote's 'Other Voices, Other Rooms'.

I wiLL get a photograph of the Clutter home on my neXt trip to South Dakota.

9 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

Did not know that about Tru and Lee, will try for that book in the library, the Truman Capote book.

Rob Z Tobor said...

You have entered areas of the unknown to me. Although I know some things there is more I do not and I know now there is a tiny bit more.

I sure it was G W Bush who said about known unknowns and unknown unknowns. . . . Folk laughed, but he had a point, one unknown until he pointed it out. Although it is not a good election slogan. . . .

Badger said...

I thought I saw it featured on Netflix a day or two ago - but it may have already gone.

esbboston said...

Badger: Ahhhh, you helped me figure out my problem. I tried it again and my failed search in Netflix lead me to the correct movie title 'Capote' , yes it is available. Only now I just woke up and have to go to work. Maybe I can watch it when I take a break. I just found out my deadline on the big shirt order can be moved from the 8th to the 10th because the customer hasn't got all the info yet to create the names of the business sponsors yet. What a strange deal. I am having to print it in four stages, each arm is printed, then the front and back. I was originally hoping to be completely done by today - hah!

esbboston said...

Rob: I didn't know about the Known Unknown Bush co-known-drum. I am now curious, as now is common to both Known and Unknown.

My wife liked the shirt I printed with the Letter L of your artwork.

esbboston said...

Rob: Actually I just discovered that it was not Bush but his Sec of Defense Donald Rumsfeld who gave his known unknown explanation to a Department of Defense news briefing in Feb of 2002. After reading about this a little bit today I think there may be even more untapped levels of combined unknowns and knowns not yet defined.

Rob Z Tobor said...

I'm glad the shirt worked

And as for the Known Unknown . . . . . . I didn't know that . . . . HA HAH AHHA HAH HA HAH HA HA HHA HAH H HAH ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I am up to my eyes in alphabet at present . . .

esbboston said...

fmcgmccllc: I am not sure if I have time for In Cold Blood just now, busy printing ...

esbboston said...

Rob: Glad you are up to your I's, let me know when you get to J's, hahahaha

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood