Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2010-05-19

Filling The Larry Caldera

I live in two small houses that are right next to each other so I receive junk mail for the previous owners of TWO places. Remarkably, one family has been gone from the older place for 24 years. The divorced husband has been gone from the newer place for maybe 18 years. I now know the only reason the Postal Service stays in business. And forests continually uselessly slowly disappear.

Long ago I asked Larry, the soon to be divorced person, not to plant the tree in the front yard (of the 2nd house that I would eventually own). I knew that it would eventually consume the nice spacey void that comprised our front yard air space. Esthetics.

What I didn't realize is that years later, long after The Larry was gone, the evil hidden blankety blank blank roots of his willow tree would creep over underground and destroy the sewer line in my front yard costing me hundreds of dollars in repair bills.

So there is now a slight depression in the front lawn at the newer house where the evil willow tree was removed by the previous owner shortly before we purchased the place. I am going to fill it in to make the lawn smooth and pretty this summer. I call it 'The Larry Caldera'.

My grand nearly empty two house front lawn air space is back. There is a new smaller tree off to the north side. But its kinda pretty, and pink sometimes. It gets to stay. Something has to make up for the deforestation for the sake of The Larry junk mail. Glossy shiny paper junk mail.

Here is something spooky: I used the word 'esthetics' in the second paragraph. Then after I typed it, I thought to myself, no, I don't want to use that word, nobody really uses that word very often and then I might have to explain it to people and blah blah blah, so I erased it. Within 30 seconds after erasing it, the word 'esthetics' was used in a TV commercial. So I put it back, by typing.

I was going to erase the fourth word 'spooky' from the previous paragraph, but then I realized I had turned my TV off, and I thought, who is here to guide me? So I left it in place.

If it makes you feel any better, all you people who don't like the use of the word 'spooky', I momentarily erased it with a Control-X edit process but then immediately pasted it back into place with a Control-V without moving the cursor. So, if I cut the characters and then immediately pasted them back, does that count as an erasure?

If it makes you feel any better, I never can seem to type 'spooky' without screwing it up the first time with a 'sppoky'. So there is almost always an erasure somewhere in my world, thank goodness. Virtual mental Wite•Out® Brand Correction Fluid. Hopefully not many trees are consumed in the making of that product.

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood