Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2012-06-12

Th Wal Stre Journ in Slo Mo & No

I have an oops on my iPad.

For some reason the app for viewing The Wall Street Journal is broken. It appears for a few seconds and then crashes. It reveals no error message.

I have tried to contact the WSJ about this, but so far they have been unresponsive.

AND they charge me $18.43 a month for this service.

At least I can read about 6 seconds at a time, before the screen disappears. But ONLY the very first screen of the issue, which is not even close to being the fuLL front page of a paper issue. And considering that it takes about 12 seconds just to load the screen before you can read, it means I am getting to read maybe one fourth of one percent of the entire newspaper at one third speed, for fuLL price.

I am not sure how to do the math for figuring how eXpensive it is adjusting for one fourth of one percent, because that is just an approximate guess. Not every story seems to be new every day in every issue when it is working normaLLy.

But let's try this: 18.43 x 100 percent x 4 = 7,372 dollars a month.

I am sure I am missing some cool stuff a-happenin' in the world as weLL.

Meanwhile it is thundering outside keeping me awake at 4 something AM.

I hope it is just thunder. Cooper is complaining because I think he is afraid of the noise. Or maybe he just wants me to go to bed and turn off the kitchen light.

UPDATE: 2012.06.12 23:45

Semi-triumph: I figured out how to read the front page easier. Just as soon as the page loads, I can take a snap-shot of the screen by hitting the buttons on the opposite sides of the iPad. Then I can just 'read' the picture.

So ... I went to see the WSJ picture and when the Photo system showed the most recent photos, I accidentaLLy took another photo of aLL the photos on the page, 33 of them. I cracked up laughing, because THEN I opened that photo and took another photo, this time of the zoomed-zoomed WSJ. I hope this makes sense, be-ca-use it just barely does to me, yawn, Sleepy-Boy wanna go night-night beddy-bye.

Sweet dreams to me. HopefuLLy better than last night's dreams that involved cars traveling down veRy muddy roads, doing veRy dangerous things. Nobody was getting stuck. Zooooom

UPDATE: 2012.06.13 11:30

I finaLLy got it fixed. I had to delete the app from my iPad, then reinstaLL. The WSJ technical folks finaLLy started responding several times with suggestions by e-mail. It even reloaded the previous week's worth of issues into my iPad, so now I can get caught back up on aLL there is to know that's worth knowing, and thinking veto-ishly, aLL there is to no that's worth no-ing.

I have to deliver a dryer that I repaired, then its GCSwB Time!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

I'd listen to Cooper.

Pearl said...

That is one expensive subscription, esb. Sure you can't get it delivered to the door? Or is that too old fashioned? :-)

Pearl

fmcgmccllc said...

WSJ was dropped long ago as it was so difficult to deal with on the laptop.

Rob Z Tobor said...

A journal of walls and streets for $18.43 a month seems a lot to me so $7,372 is a very lot indeed. I am sure there must be other apps that will supply the information about the walls and streets for far less, even for free.

If you were able to find a free app you could then indulge yourself with an extra special chicken sandwich somewhere where everyone was well informed and would tell you of the cool things you are missing such as say the salad or ice-cream sundae.

I hope the thunder was indeed thunder and not something more profound that you were unable to know about in advance due to a faulty app. In fact lets hope that it is not something app-alling ....... HAHAHAHAH hah ah hah ahh hahha hah ahah ahhaha hah

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood