Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2014-08-03

His Middle Name Is Love

Training a preying mantis in the vineyard yesterday.

-----

"Dad? Are you awake?", comes a quietly loud whisper as the bedroom door opens.

"Yes", I respond maintaining some sense of awakeness in my pain racked body under my blankie, two pillows low underhead with a third girding my belly while propping up my left elbow, my main enemy.

"Can I get the gas card? Also, mom wants a drink, do you need anything?"

I say, "I am in so much pain that I don't know what I want,"

He responds with one of his favorite questions, "Do you want a pony?"

I randomly pick a non-zero non-one single digit answer of, "Yes, actuaLLy I would like to have 3 ponies."

He suddenly laughes and says, "OH!!! I have to show you this video." So he spends several seconds finding the interview of Vermin Love Supreme during the Lesser Known Democratic Candidates Forum, at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics in which he talks about his platform of dental health care, zombies, and ponies for every American citizen while wearing a giant rubber boot for a hat. I laughed during most of the 5 minute long YouTube video.

I felt better for about 5 minutes then pain ramped drifted off to a blissful comatose state.







6 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

That is a very cool looking Mantis you have there Mr ESB. I wish we had them over here but it is just too cold and wet most of the time.

I have looked at Youtube and found Vermin Supreme . . . he is very much in the mold of the Monster Raving Loony Party. That Zombie idea is good I approve of Zombies in an energy making roll.

esbboston said...

I am thinking maybe a combination of pony power and bioDIEsel extracted from ferMENting zombies in a methane generATEr. Just add water. Stir. Collect. Burn. Rinse. Peat. Repeat.

esbboston said...

Rob: They may be available as a pet. I have had some success letting them free roam in my house where the pineapples and the orchid lived. It seemed to like the diminutive forest of okra plants that were growing in an egg carton. By minimizing the light the okra will stay small. I learned today that when they move their head oscillating sideways it may be an attempt to augment their depth perception.

I am off to attempt a computer repair.

Unknown said...

Oh how I wish that I was offered a pony or two when I am lying in my bed with chronic pain. Instead, all I get is the offer of cyanide pills.
Spawn's middle name is definitely NOT love.

esbboston said...

lily: On Saturday I was near a pony at my best friend's house/ranch after I made a delivery nearby, but I got sidetracked and didn't get to see the pony. I know he is getting a saddle soon in order to transport tiny humans at a birthday party. So I have had several NPE lately. (Near Pony Experience) I have also had near deer eXperience as weLL. I am pretty sure I have no cyanide unless it is an ingredient in some bug spray I might have.

Rob Z Tobor said...

We used to have free range stick insects in our house once, they bred rather fast and were not easy critters to find. In the end a man from our local bank came and took them all away. . . he was really into insects in a big way.

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood