Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2012-04-12

My Crack Wife

So I am laying in bed trying to go to sleep.

Its late. No, oopz, early.

I have a short early journey tomorrow.

Something is broken.

I must fix it.

Suddenly out of the dark dark (one mo' time:dark) blue, my wife says, "One of my children must have stepped on a crack and broke their mother's back" - and giggles.

I crack up laughing.

She says, "What's the matter, haven't chu ever heard that before? Its when kids are playing and they step on a crack in the sidewalk ..."

I interrupt and say, "Yes, I have heard the original version, but I've just never heard a mother use it to justify her sore back."

Surprisingly in the time it took me to type this plus get the dog a piece of cheese, she has fallen asleep and I'm now the one wide awake with a severe headache that just happened, bizarre.

6 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

I'm glad to see that it is also bad to step on the cracks of pavements (sidewalks) in the USA too.

Pearl said...

:-)

She gave you her sore back but left it in your head.

Pearl

fmcgmccllc said...

Bizarre indeed, maybe you need a piece of cheese.

Aysh said...

I completely misunderstood the title and thought this post would have something to do with your wife and the narcotic also know as 'crack'.
Thank God it was otherwise :D

esbboston said...

Aysh: In my world everytime I can figure out a blog title that can be easily misunderstood I consider that a bonus and reason to celebrate, especaLLy if I can humor my lovely wife. She laughed when I called her that early this morning.

Marianne said...

I love middle of the night marital giggles. And I'm stealing your wife's line.

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood