Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2012-12-24

I Should Have Stopped At Fourteen

Oh no! It's 4:50 AM and there is a tiny piece of music running repeating through my head from some movie or teleBision show and I can't seem to remember what it goes to .... I wasn't even trying for anything.

I am going to name this condition "I'll Hum In Error A Show Tune"

I have it narrowed down to one in about 3,247 movies.

(Pause as I dig through my DVD's for the answer after being unable to find it on iTunes)

Its from the 1981 movie Chariots of Fire, chapter 19 on my DVD. Its the alternating merged practice scenes where it switches back and forth rapidly between Eric and Harold working with their trainers, and then the music ends just as Harold runs through the finish line and Mr Sam Mussabini clicks his stopwatch.

(An hour later) I actuaLLy figured it out several minutes ago, but then I had to spend time finding a pair of double A batteries for the Blu Ray player remote control device, to confirm it and figure out eXactly how far into the movie the scene was located.

I probably should not have watched this movie 20+ times. I should have stopped at 14.

5 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

I hate the song thing but worse for me is when you see someone on television and can't place them. Drives me nuts.

Rob Z Tobor said...

Don't spend Christmas listening to Chariots of Fire Mr ESB. It will drive you mad, or wear out the carpet. You need to listen to some Santa music now and go Ho Ho Ho

Merry Christmas Mr ESB.......

esbboston said...

fmcgmccllc: Happy Holidays, Sweetie!

Rob: I have been waiting for it to be Christmas at your place to wish you a happy holidaze! I also went to the diner this evening to give them a German Chocolate Cake. When I was there Jesus asked me to help him name his cat. He gave me a choice of three names, and instead I offered "Ernest" which he soundly rejected. So I told him that I would ask you for your opinion for his cat's name, here are Jesus' selections:

A) Alfred (like in Batman's butler)
B) Fix, The Summer Knight
C) Gentleman John

Rob Z Tobor said...

Happy Chistmas Mr ESB......

I have been thinking about these names and one thing you should always remember is names get abbreviated so

Alfred will become Alf of Al

Fix The Summer Knight will become Fee or Fix

and Gentleman John will become Gen or Johnny

So Jesus needs to shout out each of the shortened names in the street until he is happy with something, I rather like Fix which in the UK would end up as Fixy, which sounds a bit like Dixy so depending on politics has options.

Or he could call it Zilly short for Zillion

esbboston said...

Rob: I delivered your reply to Jesus. Jesus wanted to know if you had ever met a Mexican before, and if not, then he would be your first. Jesus chose Alfred because it yeLLs weLL. TragicaLLy my cake pan was not at the diner, I think the Birthday Girl has not brought it back from her house.

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood