Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2010-03-24

Becoming Extremely Wealthy As A Writer

A while ago I wrote the following Facebook status giving an update as to how much money I had made writing online through the use of Google Adsense (nonsense?) and the "generous" contributions of one of my adoring fans.

349: My career as a writer is really taking off! At the end of 23 months of blogging using AdSense from Google, I had amassed 13 cents. Now 3 months farther down the road I am at 19 AdSense cents AND received a single philanthropic gift of 32 cents from one reader hand delivered all the way across the state of Texas. I am way ahead of my projected plan to become a millionaire by age 91 with a doubling period of 23 months

With it "now" being March 24th, 2010, it is now about 33 months since I started writing in MySpace and then Blogger with my silly little stories, poor poetry and grand goofiness. So I thought I would recalculate my progress towards the million dollar mark, as well as tell you about a NEW source of income: FOOD

Recently one of my adoring fans at the grocery store told his mother about my writing, so she started reading me yesterday, and became a fan. Yes, I have fans, I know it is hard to believe, I doubt it myself. But if Craig Ferguson can have a band of a robot skeleton army, well, I can have a few live humans absolutely adoring me as well, I suppose.

So I got an invitation to dinner from my latest fan! Only, I don't know how to include that in my calculation towards the million dollar mark. Do I try to calculate the cost of the meal as if it were purchased in a restaurant, say, the average cost in a diner in Borger, or maybe just the grocery store cost per serving per item plus the cost of the natural gas to cook plus the water to do the dishes minus the cost of gasoline to drive there?

Well, ignoring the free fan meal, my current earnings as a writer after 33 months are 57 cents from Google plus the 32 cents from Kate of Texas is starting to push me very very close to the dollar mark at ... Paul, how 'bout a drum rooooll please? ... tah-dah ... 89 cents.




So calculating a growth rate based on 89 cents doubling every 33 months, that looks like I should make it to a million dollars by about age 107. Now, IF I can just get a meal worth $5.00 then that would drastically cut back the time frame to a more reasonable age 99 and a half, ah!!! - that would make it a nice Christmas present for the year 20-somethingsomething..... and maybe buy my lunch PLUS one dose of Prilosec OTC?

Update 2011.02.27 - My Google AdSense has jumped from 57 to 89 cents

Update 2011.03.11 - Google Math Problem: I noticed yesterday that my earnings from Google Ad-Sense had jumped from 89 to 90 cents for my 44 months of online blogging. BUT when I checked the amount I earned by pressing the "Today" button, it had a zero amount, so I tried the "Yesterday" button, hmmm, still ZERO. So maybe I earned it tomorrow(?), confused ... .. . There is no "Tomorrow" choice.

Update 2011.03.16 - The system reported that I made one cent today, but there was no increase from the previously reported 90 cents on the 11th.

BUT ... Later in the day my earnings jumped to 2 cents for the day for a total of 91 cents total earnings. I did have a slightly higher than normal readership but when I ratioed it out it would have been less than 1 cent, so I don't understand why it is astronomically higher at 2 cents, perhaps I am suddenly more valuable. I certainly felt more valuable today with readers from at least ten countries, that was cool. I felt valuable AND tired, rough week so far. Wife. Broken arm. No sleep. But the weather is pretty. (her arm, not mine. But pizza is coming down the road very very soon! Supreme!)

Update 2011.03.23 - The system reported weekly earnings of FOUR cents, the most I believe I have ever made in a week, with an even stranger TWO cents earnings for one of those days! My all-time earnings is at 94 cents now. Oh, I forgot I already told you about those two cents, sorry, my bad, I see that now in the previous update.

Update 2011.06.05 - This morning the system showed that I had made one cent today for a total of $1.04 from Adsense, BUT later in the day it had my daily earning at 49 cents - in ONE day! So I am not sure what happened, but it was a nice boost. So now my lifetime earnings from Google Adsense are $1.53 after only 47 months blogging in English. I also do some artwork and publish some of my writings in Portuguese and I have not totaled those up in quite awhile. They may add up to 10 cents, they have much lower volumes of traffic.

Update 2011.12.26 - Before this last week I had made about two dollars writing on my blogs. I have about eight blogs with a wide variety of content besides this one that has my writings. I have photography, recipes, abstract art, cartoons, and Kakuro game education. That two dollars is after a period of four and a half years. Totally unimpressive. I know. But then one day about a week ago (most likely) one particular person clicked on a bunch of my Google ads, so I accumulated around $15 in ONE day. But I have heard about Google taking away the entire account of people who appear to have sudden suspicious activity of clicking on ads, and most likely they came from the same IP address, so Google may take away all my "hard earned" $2 because somebody got carried away. Irritating.

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood