Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2012-01-07

Grandson of Champion

As I was in the process of trying and not trying to wake up, I hear a cartoon character on teleBision say, "Oh, you're just saying that because you're my dog".

I think, "I can relate to that."

This boy slowly begins the laundry process without the help of caffeine.

Mistake.

Now correcting mistake before I attempt doing dishes. Its too early, its dark outside and inside.

Ah, a handful of cashews. Breakfast of champions. Or in this case, descendant of Champion.

If you need something bizarre to read, I might suggest the following article from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

David Icke is proof that they no longer have insane asylums in his country OR the places are all filled up and they have no more room to keep him.

In the process of getting off the couch to attend to the clothes dryer which is now buzzing "Next!!!", I realize my utter failure today: my coffee cup has only been consumed about 25 percent.

It's cold and icky and has that stuff floating on top from the coffee creamer.

What a terrible waste.

Sad.

Update: My day is ending by listening to the band "Blind Pilot" on The David Letterman Show

(Actually I cheated and put the "Update" in at the same time that I published the other stuff that I wrote from much earlier in the day.)

I love going to the back door after hearing Cooper scratch on the door to get in, and asking loudly, "Who's there?", with a hint of IMNOTDIIDKWYA (I Might Not Open The Door If I Don't Know Who You Are) in my voice. Especially when its dark and cold outside. That'll teach the dog to not learn how to open the sliding glass door. Too bad no one hasn't invented a small hole you can put in the door with a weather-tight flap that the animal could pass through on his own desire and time frame.

I have already fixed three strange typographicals errors in this short post, so all bets are off that this is read-able, especially errors allphabetical.

Oh, and I love the new kayak.com teleBision commercial, "I'll Take Twelve Kilos of Rice Flour, Please".

Update: (a real update this time)

Oooh, I just learned something useful: The tongue of a giraffe is prehensile.

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
Answer: One, if you're a giraffe.

8 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

Esby, dude we gotta get ya help if you can't do the doorwall doggie door. I can see it in my mind, with seals and a latch that the dog can nose off. Then he presses a button to say, outside dude, I can imagine the whole thing.

Julie Hutchinson said...

I like giraffes. Doggy doors are a great invention.

esbboston said...

Empress of The East: I think you are onto something great, a dog nose activated pooch passing portal. Actually there isn't a convenient place to put a doggie door for access to the backard with the arrangement of my walls and doors. The current doors are sliding glass panels. The wifey made mention of wanting to put in French doors but that is where I grow my pineapple plants 9 months out of the year. But I like having some control over Cooper's entrance-exit because he can be rather ferocious with neighbors walking by AND cats that think they can wander into are yard and continue to live. We have to deal with about one skunk a year as well.

esbboston said...

My other train of thought is that the process of going outside gives Cooper and I something to talk about as well.

esbboston said...

I should clarify: The title Empress of The East was for fmcgmccllc but then while I was in the middle of writing my comment Julie wrote a comment which of course I didn't know was happening, and Julie is in the orient as well. At least I think her part of the world is considered the Orient, now I'm puzzled .... hmmm, it doesn't sound like Australia is considered part of the Orient, according to wikipedia.

Julie? Your thoughts?

My wife asked me the other day, "Did you know that giraffes stink?"
No, I did not know that.

Julie Hutchinson said...

No-one wants us, we're down here all alone...I think when people say Asia Pacific it gives the impression we could be part of Asia...I'd like to smell a giraffe.

Aysh said...

David Icke actually used to be pretty big in the UK in the earl 90's, then he fell and bumped his head and started saying things like 'The queen is secretly a lizard/reptile'. He makes me chuckle.

esbboston said...

Julie: Some organic chemistry of giraffes (from wikipedia)

Giraffes have thick skin which allows them to run through thorn bush without much injury. Their fur may serve as a chemical defence, as it is full of parasite repellents that give the animal a characteristic scent. There are at least eleven main aromatic chemicals in the fur, although indole and 3-methylindole are responsible for most of the smell.

Indole is a solid at room temperature. Indole can be produced by bacteria as a degradation product of the amino acid tryptophan. It occurs naturally in human feces and has an intense fecal odor. At very low concentrations, however, it has a flowery smell, and is a constituent of many flower scents (such as orange blossoms) and perfumes. It also occurs in coal tar.

3-methylindole is a mildly toxic white crystalline organic compound belonging to the indole family. It occurs naturally in feces (it is produced from tryptophan in the mammalian digestive tract) and coal tar, and has a strong fecal odor. In low concentrations, it has a flowery smell and is found in several flowers and essential oils, including those of orange blossoms, jasmine, and Ziziphus mauritiana. It is used as a fragrance and fixative in many perfumes and as an aroma compound. 

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood