Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2011-11-02

H. B. S. D.

South Dakota became a state on November 2nd, 1889.

So I was hoping to be the very first person to sing happy birthday to the state this year, so I am trying to publish this very close to a wee bit after midnight on the Nov Two.

(waiting anxiously)

(nine more minutes to go)

(I wonder if I have time to make a cup of coffee?)

(this is eXciting!!!)

(suddenly yawning - must fight sleepies)

(zzzzzzz)

(what time iz zit?!? Oh, I'm still okay ...)

(ready, set, go!)


Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday, South Dakota,
Happy birthday to you!


OOPS - Update - I just realized a few minutes ago at 12:45 AM Central Time Zone that the western part of South Dakota is in Mountain Time Zone! So this necessitates singing again in a few minutes. I did some math as well, its eleven years on each side of a century, 1889 & 2011, so the total is 122 years.

(ready, set, go again!)


Happy birthday two you,
Happy birthday two you,
Happy birthday, Western South Dakota,
Happy birthday two you (at one-twenty-two)!!!


Update later in the morning: my aunt from SoDak mentioned that only I would know this particular fact.

My Response: I hope not, otherwise they are forgetting to teach one particular fact in State History Class throughout the Chinese Ringnecked Pheasant & Coyote state. Have fun celebrating today! Bake a cake, I'm going to - German Chocolate, yum. No candles on the cake though, it would take too long to light 122 of them. At least we have SoDak shaped cake pans - how thoughtful of them to shape our state pretty much in the shape of a rectangle that is close to a 9x13 pan. At least we aren't shaped weird like Wyoming or Colorado, whadda buncha squares.

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood