Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2012-03-21

Won Thirty One

My wife up woke.

Oops, I mean, my wife woke up and walked down the hall.

Its a very short hallway.

I did not wake up because I have not been asleep.

I mean, I have not been to sleep in many many hours, not many many years.

She asked me, "Whattimeisit?"

I said, "Its 1:30" Hint: AM

She asks me, "Didyousay1:30?"

I say, "Yes, thats what I said"

She asks me, "Isitreally1:30?"

I say, "Well, it was but now its 1:31" Hint: Its still AM, we don't talk and wait to respond THAT long for it to possibly be PM.

She says, "Ha, ha"

ReaLLy, that is eXactly what she said, she didn't reaLLy laugh, even though I am pretending that she found it to be riotously hilarious, but she chose to supprreess her true feelings and simply gave me a smart-aleck response of ha then ha with a distinct staccato presentation. At this very second I am totaLLy confused on how to spell suppress, so I just put in a few eXtra letters. Just ignore the ones you don't need.


Here is a better story (?)

We are driving near a bank on Saturday.

No, "we" aren't driving, sorry, my son was in complete control of the automobile. I was just a passenger.

I tell my son, "Bads Near Stop"

He looks at me and asks what that means.

I point at the sign and say, "Its the opposite of Wells Fargo"

Its now 1:57 AM, I don't remember his reaction. He was wearing sunglasses so it was hard to tell at the time what his reaction was.

I reaLLy think there is laundry I could be doing. Or a few dirty dishes from suppa'. But no, I wanna type.

I should reaLLy go to sleep now before I accidentaLLy push the orange Publish Post button.


Update: A little while later she tells me, "Ithoughtitwasmorning"

I say, "Technically, it is morning. And, Spring is approximately one day old, too"

I am just a regular old almanac. Emphasis on the all and man.


Update: She asks me, "Whattimeisitnow?"

I think I have become merely a clock, is that all I am good for in life?

I say, "It is 7:32" and I don't round to the nearest 5 minute mark as is my custom.

She says, "Really,itrainedallnight"

I wonder why she suddenly has this 'Really' word response to my time announcements. Why would I be untruthful? I s'ppose I could buy a set of glow in the dark atomic clock syncronized time pieces for every room in the house with giant numbers, then she could always know eXactly what time it was. But I bet it would be difficult for her to break her habit asking me for the time, knowing I live with an iPad glued to my eyeballs and fingertips. I also s'ppose I could respond to her time requests with a standardized answer, "Its not quite twelve".


12 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

I have 3 alarm clocks. One is the old fashioned tick tock, use that only when the electricity goes out and I need to get up for work.

One is a Bose radio type clock thing, can't read the time.

One is a cheapo thing that sounds like cats and dogs fighting when it goes off, but the TIME is HUGE on the screen type face.

esbboston said...

FmcGmcCllc: There is a real alarm clock on my wife's side of the bed on a night stand, but she has it buried under a pile of a huge variety of snacks, goodies and essentials plus a few water bottles, but we never use it. Its main contribution in life is to consume perhaps 15 watts of electricity, thereby ever so slightly warming up the room preventing a case of frostbite in the winter and overloading and stressing the A/C unit in the summertime. I have always used the alarm in my cell phone which is quite handy for doing a variety of eXact programming, BUT, I rarely ever have to be anywhere by a certain time, so I ignore it. Since I actually no longer have a cell phone service, I noticed that the alarm now goes off at 8 AM instead of 7 because the time is no longer maintained accurately by the phone company and wasn't changed for Daylight Savings Time switch. Usually the only time I need to know is when watching teleBision in the evening, as I must stay current with The Big Bang Theory, Smash, and a few others. I love the voice of Kathryn McPhee, I think that is how you spell her name.

Unknown said...

My husband has spent the last 27 years as my de facto alarm clock. When he's away, I hardly know what month it is, let alone the time to the exact, not-rounded-off minute.

And the quote on my blog post is (geek alert) "Speak friend and enter" and yes, it's written in 'Elvish'. I'm sorry it plagued you so. I wish I could say it was something brilliant like Hebrew or Aramaic. But alas, Elvish.

esbboston said...

DeNae: Elvish! Wow, I didn't know that eXisted! I have studied several languages and cultures, although some very briefly, and some of them its been quite awhile. But Google Translate doesn't have Elvish, how discriminatory!

Julie Hutchinson said...

Ha It's funny when people say 'Really?' and my husband says 'Guess what?' a lot. How would I ever be able to guess 'what'?
I woke up at 1.30 am last night and couldn't get back to sleep...I might have been tempted to blog except my last six posts have gone unlisted in any of my followers readers - have you ever had this problem esbboston? I can't seem to find any answers either.

esbboston said...

Julie: I guess I had not noticed about that reader list defect, hum, wow, how. Odd, some new defect in blogger most likely. I checked my reader list and it shows your latest blog post at three weeks ago. I have been busy or sick or both so I didn't notice your absence of new stuff, please eXcuse me I just depend on Blogger to keep me up to date with my main blog reading list. I will do ths eXperiment for you. I will drop your blog from my readlist as soon as I get finished with this comment, then reinstall it and see if your latest posts show up. You don't remember changing anything major about your blog, like its name slightly? I would hope that blogger actually uses your numeric blog ID in its tool anyway and not just a name. Okay, I am off to reset it, be back in a few moments.

Julie Hutchinson said...

Thanks Esbboston. No I didn't fiddle around with anything until a couple of people told me they hadn't heard from me for a while. Just a few minutes ago I bought the domain name feedingthecat.com (which will be make redirection happen) but this has been going on for weeks.

esbboston said...

Julie: when I go to your profile I noticed it has two links for your same blog, but they appear to both work.

I clicked on your homepage to have it give me your url both when I tried to use it, the reader list widget gives me an error message, "Could not detect a feed for this URL. Blog posts and update time will not be shown. Add URL anyway?"

So I said yes to prompt. It doesn't show your feed properly, but of course the actual hyperlink DOES work and takes me to your blog.

There appears to have been a name change in your blog. Did you get rid of the hyphens? Check in your settings to be sure you have your feeds turned on. I think it is under Settings, then Site Feed.

Julie Hutchinson said...

There are two feeds because I got the domain name yesterday in an attempt to try anything to change what's happening. I can't seem to contact anyone to help. They must be all robots.

Julie Hutchinson said...

Feeds are on.

Julie Hutchinson said...

Thank you so much Esbboston for checking it out. All okay now.

esbboston said...

Julie: You are most welcome, my dear friend. It was a fun investigation! I was most glad to help you out. There are a few times I miss my computer science career, but they are fewer! I was on call for too many years 24/7.

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood