Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2011-05-06

You Are There, I Am Here

My Facebook status a few minutes ago: Since my current non-US readership for the day is entirely euro-ish with Denmark, France, Russia, Poland, Austria and Romania, I feel obligated to say something funny about the Franco-Prussian War, but it eludes me.

Facebook's response? Instant advertisements for the pages "Funny" with a geriatric smiling face of questionable gender with my follow-up question: "Is that a hat or a hairpiece?", and the second page being "Romania" with what appears to be a distortedly shaped flag,,,,lets confirm the flag - - - yes, the Romanian flag was distorted, the three vertical bars are s'pposed to be equal sized.

Oh, the ratio of FB "Likes", Funny vs Romania, humor beat the country by about [mental math] 5 to 1, which, considering the last several decades, makes sense.

‎877,256 / 177,828 = 4.93317, [calculator, not me] so yes, lets just call it five.

Update: several minutes later Germany shows up, so Yea! The gang is all here!

The answer to your question is: YES! - I realize this is a very lame blog post but I am in a very silly mood this morning. My previous FB status was questionably slightly better:

I saw something from National Geographic - "A gnawed fossil skull points to 'a really aggressive encounter' between two giant dolphin-like reptiles." - and I thought, "I think I will start using this as a verbal eXcuse for everything that mysteriously appears damaged in my life, beginning with the breakfast at Bennigan's"

Update: As I was driving away from the groc store I told myself that I wish I was better at making wishes. My next thought was debating whether that was a wasted wish. I still don't have an answer several minutes later. It's been that kinda day. But groc shopping had moments of eXtreme hilarity with The Guys in The Produce section mocking Prince's "When Doves Cry"

Just at eXactly at the same moment that my hand reached for a purple onion I thought, "Isn't this a song from The Prince 'Purple Rain' album" ?, an album I have never owned. ...checking... Yes, side B of the album, first track, 5:54, but I think the groc store Produce Boys version was longer.


Update: Status of Day Number Two in the Great 'Let's Find An Insect To Be Your Friend Again' Search: Failure - No can find um a cute lil praying mantis to be this year's Polly Jr.

Will continue an eXhaustive search high and low for a tiny tiny green alien looking being with a triangular head willing to spend time with me in the mornings during coffee.

Link to last year's adventures with Polly, The Staying Praying Mantis

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood