Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2011-06-08

Coins Just Wanna Have Fun

All of these photographs were shot with a lousy camera of my Samsung phone under very dismal lighting conditions. If your vision is poor, the objects in the pictures are American coins on my nightstand in the glow of my iPad doing silly things that my late night mind conjured up.



Sometimes Abraham Lincoln likes to do fun things like stand on his head, indicating that he had a secret desire to join the circus as a high wire act rather than be President.
The Famous Triple Abe Vertical

Thom J used to hang with Abe L in the late Sunday June evenings, too.
Even buffalos will act odd when Abe is around finding a flat spot, no matter how tiny, no matter how shiny.
(I just noticed you can see the reflections of the other side of the coins in the iPad)
Franklin DR showed up, but because of his edge wasn't able to stand on his own, so he got some help from some Prez twins, George & George, quarters as wheel chair substitutes. He enjoyed watching Abe L and Buffy The Nickel.
What can I say? Just nickels flat out showing off during the teams session, but the crowd loved it, they went wild!!!
These seven cents seem to have a sixth sense at this balancing game.  
(That's a nickel plus two pennies)
Nickles will be nickels (Their manager told me to type it eXactly that way)
This is an old trick from when Thom and George were kids and they would go over to Paul Revere's house and tease him about him never going to be on money like them when he grew up, and then Thom would dance on George's nose. And Paul Revere would get all irritated at their shenanigans and say, "you just watch, I'll grow up and be a silversmith!", and Thom and George would say, "oh, yeah, well we're gonna be press and dents" and Paul R would be like all, "whats a 'press and dent'?" and George and Thom would be all, "we don't know, but itsa bound to be better than being a slivver-smith", and Abe would show up and say "can I play too?", and the three PT&G would say, "NO, you haven't even been born yet!"

How did I do this feat of magic? My nightstand is obviously very level (quite by accident I'm sure) and if you mess around with certain coins trying to make them stand upright, just keep rotating them slowly until you find a "relatively" flat spot of the side. OR move on to a better coin. You may have to try slightly different directions for where the surface is locally "flatter", such as mine seemed to work better going in a Northwest by Southeast orientation. Nickels and pennies work well, whereas dimes and quarters do not - its a plain (flat) versus "reed" (bumpy) edge thing. 

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood