Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2011-06-01

WHAT Kind of Unicorn?!?!?

This is from a hand written "missing" poster in the Seattle area. It cheered me up considerably this morning.


HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

[picture of a burrito with short stubby legs, eyes and nose on one end, no mouth, with what appears to be toothpicks stuck on each end]

3 year old burrito unicorn
he got off his leash while we were at Urban Light Studio
last seen around 85th and Greenwood
dearly missed by his family
his name is Juan-Antonio
if seen please call 253-315-[I omitted the rest of phone number]


[end of poster]

I found this link to the art studio: CLICK HERE

I looked carefully at the art studio website, but sadly, I did not find the burrito unicorn, at least no lost Juans, oops, I mean, lost ones.

UPDATE: According to my research it is a cellular phone in Auburn WA

I just sent a text message, "I hope Juan-Antonio has made it safely home"

Reply back 4 minutes later: "He showed up on our doorstep last night. He was a little bit thin. But a meal of jellybeans and a salad fixed that up real quick. He is really happy today"

UPDATE: I found a tremendous amount of burrito unicorn photos at Flikr, please check out this content, with some of the content going beyond the normal G rating of my blog contents.


My friend in London is deciding to make a Burrito Unicorn, a long lost cousin to Juan-Antonio and the Pablo of Flikr fame. She asked for suggestions, and knowing her favorite food, I offered the following advice.

My Response to London Friend: I suggest a superstructure of steel reinforced bacon covered with rainbow colored cloth soaked in bacon grease coated with plaster that is at least 3.5 percent bacon (by volume, not weight). Yes, the Flikr site is amazing, I haven't even got to the end of his photos yet, cracked up laughing at several, I think the piece of advice to never cut a burrito unicorn in half is very sound advice. I did find it interesting that a burrito unicorn has a ring structure similar to a tree. Have you thought of a name for your BU yet? 'Kevin' might be a good choice, due to a high Bacon content.

2nd Item: My recommendation for building a burrito unicorn is to "borrow" a horn from a real unicorn to add that eXtra bit of realism, otherwise people are just going to say, "that doesn't look real"

Update: A friend of my London friend also decided to construct a burrito unicorn and said she would follow my advice to look for a real unicorn horn.

My Response Concerning Unicorn Horn Gathering: Due to the size difference (0.1 kg vs 348 kg) between the typical burrito unicorn and typical European unicorn, it would probably be advisable to only use the tip of the E. unicorn horn for use with the B. unicorn. I recommend general anesthesia -OR- an old Barney (The Dinosaur) tape to lull the E. unicorn into a gentle sleep before performing the semi-dehorning. Contrary to popular belief the central nervous system of a unicorn eXtends into the horn. You might be surprised that most people don't know this.

Update 2011.06.14 - I found an ANT UNICORN on my sidewalk!!!

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood