Absent For A Bit ....

I am away for a little while working on a few or more episodes for The Adventures of My Space Alien Alter Ego story ... will return (to Earth) soon!

Notice: Blogger has screwed up and lost a bunch of photos out of my blog! They are replaced with a gray silhouette of a human head. I will eventually get them replaced with the correct photo, it may take a while to find and fix everything. So some of my stories don't make much sense without their photos, sorry for the inconvenience.

esbb

2011-06-16

So 66 Is 'The Mark of The Best'?

I saw that Phillips 66 (a gasoline brand of ConocoPhillips) has teleBision advertising with an idiotic theme of "Show Us What You Are The Best At", with an example of someone who is the best at "staring". They have someone stare back at the world's best stare-er and squirt water at his face, subtly reminding you of fuel injection.

So they want people to submit their "I'm Best At" ideas in order to win a year's worth of free gasoline. 

I thought, hmm, I've already spent 28 plus years showing your company what I was really honestly good at (inventing things, fixing things and building better systems) and you fired me. PLUS they didn't give me the bonus I earned for 2008 even though they fired me in 2009 right before they announced the annual bonus for the previous year. Wonderful timing on their part. Of course they actually had "loaned me" to a joint venture of the company 8 years earlier with Chevron, so they probably won't consider that Tricky Timing Bonus Thing their idea.

So good luck with that theme of 'Equating a Comatose Wide-Eyed Vertical Man' with 'Quality', I'm sure you'll go far. (I chose an evenly spaced hypnotic Courier font on purpose for effect just then) I'll just try to stay a little farther away from you. As far as the contest though, I think I'll just stick to trying to be an honest person, and I know better than to try to submit that idea to their contest. It looks like they have done a good job spending my last bonus.

Update: Hah! I just remembered that Google puts ads by my stories that are driven by content, so its possible that a Phillips 66 ad could show up on my blog, and then if someone clicked it, I would receive ad revenue from them! How ironically funny; maybe thats what I am the best in the world at, who knows .....

No comments:

New Blog for My Abstract Art ... Come Visit

Click HERE for the Art of Ernest S B Boston

These are pieces that I have generated mainly using computer art tools. Enjoy !

Something New:

I am also in the process of linking my poetry blog entries together. This project is only partially finished. A "Poetry LINK" at the bottom of the blog entry points to the next older piece of poetry.


First poem in the series of linked poems ....

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Turn Gold Out of the Darkness

Blog Archive

My Art

These are some of my abstract art pieces. They are available as prints, send me a note if you are interested.

Couch Glow

Couch Glow

Gold As Smoke

Gold As Smoke

Flowing Wood

Flowing Wood